WHAT IS A TASER?
TASER CEW’s (Conducted Electrical Weapons) fire two small probes that stay connected to the unit by conductive wire while being propelled by compressed nitrogen charges. A TASER’s primarily function overwhelms the normal nerve traffic, causing involuntary muscle contractions and impairment of motor skills. A hit anywhere on the body with a TASER device can be effective. This makes it easier to use and more reliable under stress than any other use-of-force option. Once the electricity stops flowing the subject immediately regains control of his or her body.
TASER devices are not considered firearms by the US Government. TASER weapons are legal to own in 45 states and Puerto Rico with little to no restrictions. They are currently banned from civilian ownership in Washington DC, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and New York. Check local laws before purchasing or carrying a TASER CEW. Federal law prohibits carrying or shipping TASER CEWs out of the U.S. without proper export license.
It is illegal to own or possess a TASER in the following states:
District of Columbia – prohibited
Hawaii – prohibited
Illinois – Legal with FID card, excluding the city of Chicago
Massachusetts – prohibited
Michigan – Legal with FOID card, must purchase in the state of MI
New York – prohibited
Rhode Island – prohibited
It is illegal to own or possess a TASER in the following cities:
Chicago, IL – prohibited
It is illegal to own or possess a TASER in the following counties:
Crawford County, IA – prohibited
TASER Device Responsibility
TASER International is committed to doing the most they can to prevent potential misuse of their products. Accordingly, TASER International has developed an advanced TASER device tracking program called AFID (Anti-Felon Identification). Their AFID program enforces accountability for each use of the TASER device and has worked successfully for over a decade with citizen sales.
Each TASER Cartridge sold for use with the TASER device has a unique serial number. This serial number is printed in a bar code format on the back of each TASER Cartridge. At the time the probes are packed into each TASER Cartridge, approximately 20-30 pieces of film printed with the serial number of that TASER Cartridge are loaded behind them. When the TASER device is deployed, these AFID tags are dispersed at the scene. The large number of AFIDS and their small size makes it impractical to clean up. When police are called to investigate any TASER device use, they can find these tags and contact TASER International for a complete trace on the serial number.
TASER Power Specifications
TASER C2: 5 watts; 0.07 joules per pulse; 2.1 mA average current
TASER M26c: 26 watts; 0.50 joules per pulse; 3.6 mA average current
TASER X26c: 5 watts; 0.07 joules per pulse; 1.9 mA average current
TASER TARGET ZONES
The TASER Bolt is the TASER C2 redesigned. It delivers the same muscular override that TASER products are known for. The Bolt device offers a 15-foot safety range between you and your target plus a 30-second cycle time so you can make a Safe Escape. The Bolt’s light and sleek design is perfect for any purse, backpack, and can even fit easily in your pocket. Legal to own, legal to carry… no license needed in most states.
LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE: If a TASER Bolt is used in self defense and left behind attached to the attacker, you can set down the TASER Bolt to keep the attacker incapacitated, while you escape. Send TASER International a copy of the police report documenting the incident and they will replace your unit free of charge. Contact TASER for details.
TASER BOLT FEATURES:
– Temporary 30-second muscular override of the attacker’s peripheral nervous system.
– Laser-assisted targeting
– 15-foot safety range giving you ample space to make a Safe Escape.
– Contact stun giving you added insurance in close encounters.
– Safety cover that keeps the device safe until you decide to turn it on.
– Low intensity light illuminates dark areas for better visibility.
A TASER C2 can stop a threat up to 15 feet away (4.5 meters), allowing you a safe distance to protect yourself and family from an attacker. When fired, the TASER C2 will deliver a 30-second energy burst. During this window of opportunity, you can set down the TASER C2 to keep the attacker incapacitated, while you escape. If a close quarter defense is warranted, the TASER C2 doubles as a contact stun device to repel someone as a powerful and unexpected backup capability.
LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE: If a TASER C2 is used in self defense and left behind attached to the attacker, you can set down the TASER C2 to keep the attacker incapacitated, while you escape. Send TASER International a copy of the police report documenting the incident and they will replace your unit free of charge. Contact TASER for details.
TASER C2 FEATURES:
– Small, discreet appearance
– Lightweight and easy to carry
– 30- second output duration
– Lithium Power Magazine provides over 50 applications
– Drive-Stun backup
– Low intensity light illuminates dark areas for better visibility
– Laser Sight for aiming
– 15 ft. (4.6m) range
The TASER X26c was modeled after the police TASER X26. Utilizing the same technology as law enforcement models, the X26C has incredible take down power.
TASER X26 is a software upgradeable, Electronic Control Device (ECD). ECDs use propelled wires or direct contact to conduct energy to affect the sensory and motor functions of the nervous system. The TASER X26C uses a replaceable cartridge containing compressed nitrogen to deploy two small probes that are attached to the TASER X26C by insulated conductive wires with a maximum length of 15 feet (4.5 meters). The TASER X26C transmits electrical pulses along the wires and into the body affecting the sensory and motor functions of the peripheral nervous system. The energy can penetrate up to two cumulative inches of clothing, or one inch per probe. The trigger activates a 10 second cycle. Second and third pull increments the cycle 10 seconds each up to 30 seconds total. The cycle can be stopped by placing the safety lever in the safe position.
TASER X26c Advanced Features
– Proven neuromuscular incapacitation (NMI) technology
– Lightweight and easy to carry
– Digital Power Magazine is good for over 150 uses
– Central Information Display (CID)
– Laser Sight and LED, with Select Control
– 15 ft. (4.6m) range
Laser And Illuminator Integration
User configurable settings control laser and low-intensity illumination synchronous with safety switch operation.
Digital Power Magazine (DPM)
Integrated power source with lithium battery cells and solid state memory module for tracking power consumption, power levels remaining, and allows for software updates to be distributed via battery replacement.
CentraL Information Display (CID)
Digital display that communicates battery percentage, duration remaining during pulse discharge, time, date, and warranty status.
TASER X2 DEFENDER
TASER X2 Defender is the most effective, two shot TASER Conducted Electrical Weapon (CEW) now available for personal protection.
– Two Shots for the Best in Home Security.
– The latest technology, now available to consumers.
– Warning arc capability to deter intruders without firing a shot.
– Performance power magazine (PPM).
– LED flashlight and dual lasers for extra confidence in aiming and firing.
TASER X2 Defender Features
– Dual laser sights show you exactly where both probes are expected to hit the attacker.
– Replaceable battery provides 500 firings.
– Compact design weighs only 11.5 ounces.
– Easy trigger pull with no recoil.
– IPX2-rated weatherproof technology increases functionality in tough conditions.
– The Best Choice in Personal Defense.
– Most effective option for personal defense.
– Backup shot and Stun capability.
– Designed to incapacitate multiple attackers simultaneously.
– Protection from a 15-foot distance.
– Warning Arc – without firing the cartridge or unloading the TASER, you can visibly arc electricity across the front of the device and use as a stun gun in close encounters or display charge to an attacker without using force.
TASER X2 Dimensions
– Height (w/o PPM): 3.8 inches (9.6 cm)
– Height (w/ PPM): 4.2 inches (10.7 cm)
– Length: 7.8 inches (19.8 cm)
– Width: 1.7 inches (4.3 cm)
– Weight (w/ PPM and 2 cartridges): 1 lbs (454 g (grams))